The county began the first in a series of budget workshops and it appears as though most of the elected officials want to cut out middle management which is where is my position is. I had written a much longer post about this but opted to edit my thoughts and not publicly share them but will say I took away this:
- There's an "us" and "them" issue going on. Citizens seem to think it's them against government and elected officials seem to think it's them sticking up for the citizens against government staff and civil servants. But does anyone remember government staff and civil servants are citizens, too? We're all in the same boat.
- There seems to be a lot of anger and hostility which perhaps stems from misinformation and not knowing the facts.
And this is how I stimulated the economy today:
- Starbucks - Green Tea Frappuccino
- Lunch @ Subway + tip
- New Clothing from a Trip to the Mall (I'll be live tweeting during the Sarasota Film Festival later this month with V.I.P. access so need to look fab, visiting the gym tomorrow.)
- Paid: Cell Phone, Credit Cards (only one still has a balance), and Water Bills