If I do lose my job perhaps it's a sign to focus my energies elsewhere, such as on the new travel blog I'm getting ready to launch.
In the meantime, this is what's been happening with me this week:Farm Share: Weeks 16, 17, 18 & 19 - Hadn't realized it's been so long since I posted about the delish, organic veggies I've been receiving each week. Above is a photo of kohlrobi included in the share a couple of weeks ago. This week will be the last week and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my produce. Suppose it's back to the grocery store and planning. It's been nice being surprised with the weekly produce. I ordered an extra 10 pounds of beets with the intention of pickling and canning them but have no clue when I'll have the time to do that.Date with the Ripken Brothers: April 9 - The Charlotte Stone Crabs, the High-A Affiliate to the Tampa Bay Rays (and co-owned by the Rays and Ripken Baseball) swung into their inaugural season Thursday night at the Charlotte Sports Park and I was given VIP access to Cal and Bill Ripken during a meet and greet prior to the first pitch. I didn't expect to get THIS close to Cal Ripken Jr. (see the above photo which is Cal Ripken Jr.; Joe Hart, Stone Crabs GM; and Bill Ripken), I was so close I could see a scar on this chin. Following I headed up to Bradenton for derby practice.
What I Did to Stimulate the Economy This Weekend: April 10 - 12, 2009 -
Friday was guided by stress including:
- Coconut Craze Day in Punta Gorda and I indulged in coconut fried shrimp, fries, pina colada and coconut cream pie to die for. The day included coconut races, singing of the coconut anthem (which I missed), vendors and People's Choice for Favorite Coconut. (Note: The morning was spent at the gym followed by two hours of roller skating.)
- Picked up a pair of roller skates and helmet for derby.
- Skating without falling (and I'm not sore!)
- Trip to Publix for dry goods.
- Paid various utility bills.
I didn't carry out my patriotic duty in stimulating the economy but think Uncle Sam understands considering my situation. I did work on some office projects so suppose that means I stimulated by paycheck. I also made hot pepper jelly and re-set the strawberry jam I made last month.
When time permits over the next few weeks I'll be writing content for my new travel blog and keeping an eye and ear open for opportunities.