Have you heard about the teenager struck by lightning while playing online poker? Poor kid felt the electrical jolt radiate through his body. Read the story from the Pensacola News Journal here. The story neglects to say whether he was winning his "hot" hand or not.
In the last five years, I've lost the following electrical appliances to lightning: telephone, television, computer modem and computer. Regardless of proper surge protection, I feel like a magnet!
And I don't know if the Big Bend Area of Florida is more prepared or struck more times by lightning, but I notice more television advisories about thunder storms and lightning strikes up here compared to living in Sarasota. As the warnings say, "lightning is nature's number one killer." Be warned.